- 17 page-per-minute output speed
- Copy, scan, and fax large documents such as booklets, brochures, and oversized pages on the legal-size platen.
- 1,350 sheet paper capacity
- One standard paper tray and two optional paper trays to accommodate letter, legal-size, and specialty stock papers
- Print PDF or JPEG attachments automatically by sending an e-mail directly to the system with the Mail-to-Print feature.
- Utilize a wider range of print streams with PCL5e/6, support for XPS, and optional genuine Adobe® PostScript® 3™.
- Integrates seamlessly in Windows, Macintosh, or UNIX environments with standard 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet, and USB 2.0 interfaces, as well as optional Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a/b/g, and IEEE 1284 interfaces.
- Minimize wait time and relieve network congestion with PDF Direct Print, which enables you to print PDFs without opening each file in Adobe® Acrobat®.
- Distribute full-color documents via Scan-to-Email, or to network folders via Scan-to-Folder.
- Make any hard copy document portable in seconds with the Scan-to-Media option, which loads scanned files directly to a USB drive or SD card.
- Retrieve fax numbers and e-mail addresses directly from your corporate address book, with LDAP support.
- Protect sensitive or confidential scanned documents with security features, including encrypted PDF transmission.
- Super G3 fax modem transmits each page in just two seconds.
- Forward incoming faxes to an e-mail address, so users can receive important documents anywhere — even if they are away from the office.
- Reduce document distribution costs dramatically with advanced IP (T.38) faxing, which delivers fax documents almost instantaneously over IP networks, or with Internet (T.37) faxing.
- Deliver fax documents to any destination without leaving your desk with LAN faxing, which saves time and money.
- Ensure security with multi-level authentication which lets you confirm user identity, and control access to scanning and other functions.
- Prevent confidential documents from unauthorized viewing with Locked Print. It requires a password before it releases any file for output, and deletes the file automatically from the MFP’s optional hard drive.
- Reduce the risk of wiretapping with encrypted PDF transmission. This feature encrypts PDF data prior to transmission via Scan-to-Email and Scan-to-Folder.
- Protect critical documents with the optional DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) feature, which overwrites the hard drive after every job. Or use the HDD Encryption option to safeguard valuable data, even if the hard drive is stolen.
System Management Features
- Allocate print jobs to specific clients, workgroups, or projects for chargeback using the Classification Code feature.
- View and adjust system settings, see print job status, check supply levelsm, and perform other administrative tasks remotely with Web Image Monitor.
- View and adjust system settings, see print job status, check supply levels, and perform other administrative tasks remotely with Web Image Monitor.
- Manage multiple networked Ricoh systems with Web SmartDeviceMonitor.
- Eliminate manual meter data submission with the Ricoh @Remote Intelligent Management System.
- Take advantage of the Software Development Kit (SDK), a first for this class of the Ricoh Aficio MP 171/MP Digital Imaging System, to create or integrate customized applications that automate workflow.