Cutting costs is always a good idea, especially if it doesn’t take a lot of effort. The printing environment in your office is a good place to start. Here are a few tips to reduce the cost of toner, paper and energy.
- Strategize before printing – before hitting the print button, decide if you really need a hard copy. It might be more efficient to share the document electronically rather than on paper.
- Duplex printing – use less paper by printing on both sides of the paper. Duplex printing can save you up to 50% of your paper costs.
- Print black and white – if you review the content of a document, you may not need to see it in color. Print in black and white whenever possible, since it is less expensive than color ink or toner.
- Change default settings – set the printer’s default setting to draft or economy to save toner or ink. You can change it when you need a “good” copy. Since most printed files are discarded within a few hours of use, this should save a lot.
- Print only text – when you need to print from a webpage, only select the text you need. Highlight the specific information you want to print with your mouse and then select Print from your browser. Check “selection only” and you will eliminate ads, images and other items you don’t need.
- Upgrade your existing Printers/Copiers — with energy efficient copiers that allow you be green and have better quality prints, at a lower cost.
A little thinking and a few setting changes can reduce the amount of ink, toner, and paper you use. That is money saved that you can put to other uses to grow your business.
Source: Toshiba Blog